Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gruntz from a while back

More than a while back, we had a gaming session at Stephen's place. He set up a game of Gruntz. I was on the Kraavak (whatever the spelling is) defending a recently taken over city from the humans.
I was given the task of defending the left flank. Basically, the bottom of the picture to just beyond the tall red building. I put my two infantry squads in the lower buildings along with an APC to carry them if the humans attacked the right and I needed to get them over to the other side. A plasma cannon and crew manned the checkpoint. A heavy skimmer was parked between the red building and the lower building while my heavy tank was parked in the entrance to a underground car park on the other side of the red building. My commander was in the top floor of the red building but he had a zip line to his mech ready to go so that there was no waiting for the elevator or running down the stairs.
Here come the humans. Apparently, our patrols weren't very good. However, the humans were cautious so we were given time to man our vehicles.



After an initial slow start, the humans (Justin specifically) got brave and charged forward. My lurking heavy skimmer got off two long range (and somewhat lucky) shots at a human APC. Poof. Along with the squad it was carrying.
Two human tanks zipped between the buildings to deal with my lurking APC. However, it was tipped off to the impending danger by my infantry and was ready. Two lucky shots from overwatch fire dealt with the first one. I made sure my APC got an early activation to damage the other tank and my second heavy skimmer finished it off.

Meanwhile, another human APC dropped off a squad to enter a building. My waiting squad poured into them and almost wiped them out. My first heavy skimmer put a beating on the APC.

My other squad dealt with the "medic" so that there were no resurrections happening.
The two infantry squads then combined to take out the hurt APC. The remaining APC ran for the hills while picking up the surviving infantry.

In this image, you can see the my heavy skimmers, which were untouched. My commander, though, had recklessly ventured into the open to support the infantry and was in turn heavily damaged. Had we gone another turn, I would have had him run for cover. My heavy tank had to content himself with an AA role and helped down a heavy VTOL carrier.




No comments:

Post a Comment