Tuesday, July 29, 2014

In the Box: Warlord's 1/56th T34-85

Since I now have a platoon of 28mm Russians for Chain of Command, I went to Hold the Line looking for some armour, anti-tank guns, or transport. I was looking for a T34-76 or even more particularly, an anti-tank gun, but all I could find was a T34-85. Good enough for me!

Here's what you get. Two spues of tank and a decal sheet (not pictured)

 The box lets you have a buttoned up tank or have the commander sticking out of the hatch. When I first looked at the commander he seemed a bit small. When I compared him to a 28mm figure, my suspicion was confirmed. Either Russian tanks were crewed by pygmies or there's something wrong with the tank's scale. Since I cannot picture more than 6 28mm figures crowding on the back of this tank, I suspect that the tank is on the small side of what it should be.

Aside from the slight issue of scale, this model assembled easily and quickly. The join between the upper and lower turret was not as clean as the rest of the model but that was the only problem area. The tracks were a bit tricky at first to figure out how to assemble but once figured out, they went together cleanly.

I messed up the "Death to Fritzes" decal so I had to fall back to the "To Victory" one instead. I think I'm sticking to minimalist decals otherwise.

Here's the assembled version:


(OK Justin, I see your Pz II and raise with a T34. Don't make me purchase a JSII because I will if I need to.)

1 comment:

  1. Well that is a fantastic paint jobn, and I'm sure it will warm the hearts of my troops as the roast their marshmallows over its burning hulk

    ReplyDelete