Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hold the Line - Saga

For the afternoon session, I played in a game of Saga. Saga is basically Dark Ages skirmish. It's a pretty basic beer n' pretzels game. The only real twist is rolling saga dice (or really ordinary dice if you want to save some money). You then allocate the dice to move, attack, or gain some special abilities. The use of the dice really adds some nice flavour and brings some thinking to the game.

The scenario was a six way free for all. Not my favourite type of scenario, but at least I would learn the game.
 

I found the combat in Saga far too bloody to be satisfying. More than one battle resulted in mutual death and destruction of all participants. And it wasn't as if it was caused by extraordinary rolls or the elimination just barely happened.

I think if I'm getting into Dark Ages skirmish, Dux Britanarium is probably more to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment