Monday, March 23, 2015

Wings of War King of the Sky

Stephen and I faced off against David and John in Wings of War. We started by picking some planes. Those that brought planes chose to use them, which is why I ended up flying a UFAG two seater. It's a surprisingly good plane. All of the other planes were arranged in two rows, one per side.

I was doing quite well popping off with front and back guns and taking relatively little damage in return.
Stephen in the green Fokker triplane "Kempf" shot down one of the allied fighters, John's SE5a. I took one shot from long range and drew the dreaded explosion card.

 I reappeared flying a Pfalz DIII, which is basically a flying brick. John reappeared with a Spad XIII, which is also a flying brick, but also much faster. Meanwhile, Stephen shot down David's Sopwith Tripe. But in doing so, Stephen retired "Kempf" and returned to the fight in a Albatros DV.
 I bagged David with the lucky explosion card. His plane was relatively undamaged to that point. However, John then shot up my Pfalz pretty good. Despite taking some revenge fire from Stephen, John used the Spad's speed to escape.
 I took the hint and retired the Pfalz while it could still fly. I returned as the Baron but my flying was distinctly un-ace like and I got shot up pretty good by both David and John. I beat a hasty retreat with only one damage point remaining.
Good fun all around. 

David's report:

Friday saw Stephen, John and Ian joining me in the skies above Europe for a game of Wings of War/Glory.  We had a line of German planes and one of Allied planes.  Stephen and Ian were the Huns and John and I were the Tommies.  

We started with one plane and if you left the warzone you then put your plane aside and picked the next one in line so we had a continuous stream of planes. I don't remember all the details but my Tripe caused a beautiful explosion on Ian's plane (Pfalz ?) but was then shot down by Stephen who was the big winner with 2 victories for the night before he flew away. with one hit point left .  

My second plane was a Snipe and that suffered a fire and pilot wound and flew off the table just putting out the fire before landing with 1 hit point left.  I then came on with a Camel and retired after suffering a pilot wound.  I then came back on with another camel and Stephen and Ian withdrew while John (who was on his second or third plane) was shot up pretty bad but did a lot of damage to the Huns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment