Thursday, April 30, 2015

Operation Brushstroke

Mission:

To complete enough 28mm troops and support units to run a game of Big Chain of Command at Hold the Line on June 20th.

Assets: 

I have an number of friends who have some German troops that I can use if I don't get mine done. I also have a semi-dedicated painting space. I also have a good uniform reference book.

Description:

As listed on my inventory page, I have the following things to paint:

  • 95 or so Russian figures to add to my existing 46
  • 1 45mm AT gun
  • 58 German figures
  • 1 T34/85
  • 1 Hetzer
  • 1 Sdkfz 222 armoured car
  • 3 Sdkfz 251 halftracks

I have about 6 weeks to complete them.

Plan:

  1. Assemble all the figures and vehicles, scrape flash, and clean joins. Status: 55 Russians done. Target: May 4th.
  2. Prime everything. Target: May 8th.
  3. Paint the Russians. Target: May 25th. 
  4. Paint the vehicles and other supports (except for the halftracks) Target: June 1st.
  5. Paint the German figures. Target: June 15th.
  6. Paint the halftracks. Target: June 16th.
  7. Dulcote everything. Target June 18th.

Other items:

  • Scenario design
  • Scenario briefing
  • CoC reference sheets
  • More JOP markers
  • Moar terrain!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good luck with it. That is a lot of 28 mm figures. I wish I could make it.

    John

    ReplyDelete