Monday, February 24, 2020

Project 2mm Terrain: Update 8

The project has taken a back seat to house renovations, and as a result, I've lost a lot of momentum and my will to complete it has fallen off quite a bit. Perhaps documenting where I'm at will help me get my mojo back on this.

Basically, I have completed the terrain elevations. I have also put some boards around the outside, which cleans up the edges and provides support and rigidity.


I have partially sealed the entire thing but I think I will wait until I get to some Mod Podge to do the job properly. I have to see how much dirt brown paint I have because I want to paint the entire thing with three different browns: regular dirt, a darker shade for swamp and bog, and a different brown for forested areas.

Once I have that done, I can put the roads in and flock it. Then it will be about putting in buildings and fences and other features.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I do hope you get a chance/inspriation to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm getting the itch to finish it. I think I may have been subconsciously not moving forward because I'm not sure I want to handle the forest properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know that feeling... Super excited about a project, making great headway, then get to a point where you're about to do the next thing and suddenly think "wait, is this the BEST way to do it...?" and then EVERYTHING grinds to a halt, while I reexamine and over think all of the possibilities ... Or, at least, that's what happens to me (more often than I'd like to admit!).

      Delete